Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Surprise!

Ken and I spent a few days together and then we surprised Donovan and picked him up from school. I made sure Donovan had no idea his dad was coming home. The teacher let us walk into the class room and surprise him. It was so cute and of course I balled like a big baby!! Donovan was so happy to see him. He actually was being spot lighted for his birthday that was during the summer break and they were just talking about how his Daddy was deployed so it was perfect! I took some video but of course I am a moron and turned the camera so you have to look at it sideways! If anyone knows how to rotate it I would love to know ;) Actually the part that made me cry the most which I think you might be able to hear in the background of the video was this other little boy in the class who's dad is also deployed and amongst the excitement of Ken and Donovan I heard his sad little voice say "What about my Daddy?" It broke my heart and I hope his Daddy comes home soon too. But both Donovan and I love having Ken home. Donovan was extra happy because he got out of school early and then got to sluff the next day while we went and had some fun ;)

1 comments:

Destini said...

How sweet! That made me get all teary-eyed too! Gotta love it!