Friday, December 10, 2010

Eat your heart out Martha!!

So we have been looking for ages trying to find the perfect Christmas Stockings. We want black ones and they are impossible to find. Well I guess not impossible because I found some online but they were $35 each and that is just way too much for me. Perhaps I am cheap, but I couldn't bring myself to pay that much. So I decided that perhaps I could make them. Which is completely mad because I don't know how to sew!! :) I can barely sew on a button but figured a stocking shouldn't be too hard. Ken and I went and picked the fabric and I had a game plan in my head. I went to my Mum's tonight and borrowed her sewing machine. It took a couple hours and a few times unstitching in places but I got them finished. And they turned out great!!!! I was so pleased!! So not bad for my first time!!! Who knows maybe I will attempt something harder someday. Or maybe I will quit while I am ahead :D

1 comments:

WheelersFamily said...

Good job, Bec!! Giving Ms Stewart a run for her money.