Saturday, December 18, 2010

Festival of Lights

I invited myself to go with Kristian and his family to see the lights at Temple square. We all had dinner at my house and then bundled everyone up and headed to Salt Lake. Luckily it wasn't too cold which would have made for a pleasant experience except for the MILLIONS of people that were there!!! We had to park a ways away and then when we actually got in the temple gates it was complete madness! It was shoulder to shoulder people and you just had to move with the flow of people traffic. Poor kids and short people like me barely even saw any lights because of the wall of people. We managed to see a few things and get a few pictures but quickly decided we had had enough. Seriously people.... don't you have better things to do? Just because it's pretty and it's Christmas and it's a Saturday doesn't mean you all have to go do the same thing we are!! ;) Kristian Jamie and the kids Ken had drill so it was just me and Donovan The Boyz!! ;) The kids wanted to make some wishes so we dug out some pennies. Us grown ups even threw a few. It was funny because Jamie saw me deep in thought and was teasing me that I was wishing super hard for my wish. I was thinking hard but I was actually contemplating the fact that I couldn't come up with something to wish for. I thought how nice that I am so happy and content with my life that I can't think of anything more that I want or need :) Cheese :) ahhh :) Pretty Temple!! It was packed but it was fun I guess. At least we can say we did it right :)

1 comments:

Brett, Debbie, Taylor, Brylie and Haylee said...

The pictires you took Bec are beautifull. Looks like you had fun.

Sorry to hear about your Grandad passing. We send our love.