Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Finally some play time!!

So we were finally able to squeeze in some time to take the 4 wheelers out for the first time the end of June. We went with Kristian and Jamie and stayed the night up Monte Cristo. Some of Kristians friends met us up there as well so we had a ton of people and toys :) Here is Jerzie modeling her helmet :) It looks huge but is actually the right size :) We got up there MUCH later than we wanted so we didn't even bother pitching our tents. We just unloaded the 4 wheelers and hit the trail while there was still daylight. It was awesome driving around on the trails until I was going inbetween some trees and I guess there was a root sticking out which grabbed my wheel. I wasn't ready for it so it whipped the handle bars right out of my hands and into my stomach!! Not want you want to happen ever but especially when pregnant. It was high up though so I felt lucky. It jammed my thumb and bruised my stomach but lesson learned I now know to have a tight grip! (on a side note when we got home we went to the doctor just to make sure everything was good and of course it was. She waived to us and was sucking her thumb ;) ) I got over the shock and we headed off on some more trails. Here is Chloe taking a turn driving :) We found this giant bowl and Jamie and Chloe went around and off on the trail but Kristian decided to try his hand at the steep hill. Knowing now he wouldn't have done it so early until he got to know his 4 wheeler a little better but that's too late now since he got about halfway up and stopped. Donovan and I stopped to watch and I wish I would have had my camera out but I was nervous for him so just stared. He needed to shift to a lower gear to make it up but the 4 wheeler has a few quirks and add that all together and you get the front end of the 4 wheeler coming up and over and tumbling down the hill on top of Kristian!!!! It was horrifying to watch but Kristian did some amazing ninja moves to keep the atv from completely crushing him. I thought it had missed him entirely but after the fact we realized it had knicked his forehead. Af first we thought it was dirt in the wound but then figured he got scalped a little and it was his hair!! Gross! This is the wound a few days later. Luckily nothing too serious since he was getting married in a few days. Shouldn't ruin the pictures ;) He was more concerned about the 4 wheeler and was able to stop it from flipping again and got it down the hill. I thought it was going to run him over but again some ninja awesomeness and he was fine. The 4 wheeler however wasn't. The handle bars were crushed and he couldn't get it to start. Luckily both turned out okay. We were able to uncrunch the handle and start it up and still ride the rest of the weekend. Kristian was more sick about the thought that he had ruined his new toy. I was almost throwing up at almost seeing my brother be badly injured or killed!! It all turned out okay but that was enough for the day for me. Everyone kept riding while I went back to camp and set up the tent and worked up the courage to get back on the 4 wheeler again ;) I did the next day and we enjoyed our time. And here I was worrying that it would be Ken to get hurt since he has a huge new bike and not much experience. But he did awesome and no injuries! Now we all are a little smarter and safer while riding so we can enjoy our toys for a long time. Can't wait for some more trips!!

1 comments:

Digital Marketing said...

Welcome to Digital Umbrella Pakistan, USA, UK. A Service company you can Depend ondigitalumbrellas.com