Sunday, March 8, 2009

Home away from home

So Ken finally sent some pictures from Afghanistan. He gave me a tour of his room. He has it all to himself and good thing too because there isn't much room in there. If you look you can see things in the window. Ken uses it as a fridge because it is really cold there right now:) His bed is just a mattress on a peice of wood. Ken says it isn't all that comfy but it is better than the floor. The windows have black tape over them because Ken works at night so he has to sleep during the day. This is his entertainment center. He bought the tv when he was in Indiana so he could pack it flat and take it with him overseas. Good thing too because he says there really isn't anything else to do. This is Ken's heating and cooling system. It is just a peice of piping with a hole in it. My crafty husband taped a dryer sheet over the hole to help stop the dust and make it smell nice. He is so smart!! I love that now I can imagine a real place when I think of him. I love you husband!!

2 comments:

Destini said...

Well I can't believe that they put these poor guys through this. What a strong man to be able to still smile. You goota good one!

Des said...

It is nice to be able to place them in your thoughts. That is a pretty high tech wooden tent :)