Saturday, July 18, 2009

4th of July

Us Heald's are creatures of habit and every year we attend Clearfield's parade and fireworks. Colin and Donell just moved to Kaysville so invited us to attend the Kaysville parade this year instead. I didn't like the idea much but said as long as we can go to Clearfield fireworks, then okay. We all met in Kaysville and the weather was cool and overcast and threatening rain. Perfect conditions for watching the parade!!! I ran into Tiffany and her family and then Stacie and Averee and Cambree visited us as well. I was glad we went to Kaysville ;) The parade was awesome and the kids had fun. It was the longest parade ever though!! So long that I wondered if it would ever end!!! At one point they were throwing beads and it felt like Marde Gra :) We were at the very end of the parade route so alot of the floats were out of candy when they got to us but the kids still got a fair amount. We then went to Colin and Donell's and had a BBQ. We also had a birthday celebration for Jake and Colbie who have July birthdays. After that we headed to the park for the fireworks. We sit in the same spot every year and our American Family, the Williams, always meet us there. We usually play games and sit around talking until the show starts. This is my cousin Debbie's cute little girl Taylor. She is 18 months old and was showing me how she can count to 10 and sing Twinkle little star! It was adorable :) Then the night ended with an awesome fireworks display. They never disappoint!! I was sad that Ken wasn't there to share it with me, or Donovan either, but I was thinking of them and loving them anyway! :)

0 comments: