Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Special Delivery

So it was nearing the end of the work day yesterday when our building Security guard came to my desk and said I had a package downstairs. Weird I wasn't expecting anything so I asked her if it was a bomb :) Thankfully she said no and so we headed downstairs. I was racking my brain trying to think if I had a client that was sending something in. It isn't a strange thing to have them send something off the wall but I couldn't come up with anything. Then it hit me that maybe Ken had sent me flowers for my birthday! He isn't really the type for flowers but I know he was sad to have to miss my birthday and we had talked about another soldier who had sent his wife flowers so I knew it was in his head. But then I thought nah because it was too early for my birthday. Well I stepped of the elevator and there was a single red rose waiting for me..... and Ken was holding it!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! My deployed soldier husband who is in Indiana and I don't get to see until December 18th (note the counter on the right) is standing in front of me?! I was stunned. They had a few days off for Thanksgiving so four of them decided to rent a car and drive the 21 hours home for the holiday. I still can't believe it. I kept asking him if he was really here! :) Isn't he the best husband ever!!!!!!!!!??? You can't have him he is all mine!!! They have to drive back at Midnight Saturday night but he is going to wait a few minutes until it is Sunday so he can give me a kiss for my birthday! I am so happy:) and shocked!! This is already the best Thanksgiving to date!! :) Thank you Ken I love you so much and this is better than any gift you could buy, yes even the Laptop you got me ;)

7 comments:

Destini said...

Oh that is so sweet that it brought a tear to my eye....it might just be the pregnancy though! J/k that really is the sweetest thing I have ever heard anyone's hubby doing! You got you a real keeper Beck!

Amy said...

I agree with Destini it might just be the pregnancy for me to, but I almost started bawling right here in my office. That is so sweet! What a great surprise!

Stacie said...

That is soooo sweet! AWWW, you guys are definetly newlyweds! ha ha j/k. I love it!

Tiffany said...

What a guy! I am glad that you guys got to spend Thanksgiving together. I am NOT pregnant, but it also made me want to cry!

WheelersFamily said...

What a great Thanksgiving present!
You two are a very sweet couple.

Shannon said...

oh so sweet!!!!

Des said...

I am so glad your life turned out so wonderful! But do you have to put it out there so we all know how crappy our husbands are?