Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Christmas!!

So better late than never right. My neice and nephew were so excited to open presents Christmas morning. We had told them that they couldn't wake us up before 7. I was hoping that they would sleep in but not so much. They were running through the house at 10 to 7 :) Dononvan was with his Mom Christmas morning but we still had a good time. My Parents and brother and sister waiting to see what Santa brought. We always have a family prayer before we go in to remind us it isn't just about the presents. I went into the room first so I could get the kids reactions. I think the were both happy with what they got. We have such a large family so we draw names so we don't all go broke buying gifts. We have a mass exchange and it is always chaos as we all open the presents. It is always a full room so I couldn't get everyone at once. Next was Christmas dinner which was at about 1:00. We had 3 tables so we could all fit. The kids were up in the dining room. After dinner we just hung out and played games and spent a lot of time on the Wii. ( I bought Ken one for Christmas, he was very happy. Too bad he took it with him to Afghanistan ) We picked up Donovan about 4:30 and had another Christmas. Then we took a break from my family to go open presents with Kens family. We then went back to my house for more games and more food. It was a crazy hectic day but we had so much fun. It is always a great Christmas when you can spend it those you love. I felt blessed to have Ken home even if it was just for a short time.

0 comments: