Saturday, January 10, 2009

The night before goodbye

So New Year's Day Ken and I decided to get a hotel for our last night together. We figured some alone time was appropriate and since his flight was so early in the morning it would be best to stay close to the airport. We booked a room at the Radisson right by the airport. I always see it and think it looks so cool and have always wanted to stay there. Ken had said his good-bye's with his parents and my brothers the night before. I had waited in the car because I can't handle it. We dropped Donovan off and again I sat it the car trying to escape to my happy place because it was awful thinking about Ken saying goodbye to his son for so long and this poor little kid knowing that his Dad is going to war. I was on the edge of a melt down all day but kept my composure. I tried to forget everything and just enjoy our time together. We ate at the hotel restaurant and were the only ones there so we picked a table next to the fireplace and it was perfect. Our room had a fireplace as well and we enjoyed a nice relaxing romantic evening together. I am really selfish and I love having Ken all to myself.

1 comments:

Destini said...

You definately deserved it! We will all try to keep you busy while he is away and hopefully it wont seem like so long.