Friday, May 22, 2009

Hookah Lounge

KHP have a busy week this week. They played Liquid Joe's on Tuesday night, (I didn't go because late nights and getting up at 4:30 for work is a deadly combination!) one last night at the Hookah Lounge, one tonight, and one tomorrow night both at Bogey's. Keeps a dedicated fan very busy!!!! But last night was fun. Brian the bassist's girlfriend Laura paid for some Hookah. Which is like tobacco but not and comes in tons of flavors. She bought Apple. I am unsure of the appeal but it was fun to watch :) Kristian's wife was scared to try it but she did but would hardly take any in. It was funny. Jen, the drummer's fiance wasn't a chicken like Amiee ;) The Lounge wasn't set up for bands and KHP had to bring all their own equipment. They didn't have a sound guy so Kristian was running from the stage to the sound board adjusting. Then he showed my Mum how to do it and she ran the board while they played. It was funny and cute!! We had fun and they had a really good show. I am so proud of my brother and how far he has come. Now if they could just start making good money with this that was be awesome! I think they have more than paid their dues.... I know I have paid alot for them;) Love you brother!!!!

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hey Bec! So sorry that I couldn't make it. I didn't get back from Layton until a very late hour. haha. So funny story... I was telling him that I was supposed to go see your brother play & I told him the name of the band... he was like what!? I totally saw them at Bogey's a few weeks ago! He said that he thinks they are a great band! Go Kristian!

Becca Jo said...

What? that is awesome!! Who were you with?

WheelersFamily said...

Cute picture of you and Kristian.
You guys look a lot a like.
What a dedicated sister. You go to every show.

Amber said...

I would say you have paid! Nice pic of you and your Bro. Ithink it is awesome that you are so supportive!