Saturday, November 14, 2009

Unexpected Wall

When we first bought our house, my oldest brother Colin and his wife Donell were over checking it out. The basement has a bedroom and bathroom finished but the rest is all open concrete. Donell commented how silly it was that they didn't put a wall and door up to close off the unfinished portion. I agreed and we talked about how nice it would be and that it wouldn't really take much to do. I hate that you can see my laundry if you open the basement door. But it ended there and I thought nothing more of it since. Well, we invited Colin and his family over for dinner last night and when they arrived Donell said that Colin is going to measure for the wall. I was shocked! I wasn't sure I had even mentioned to Ken that I wanted a wall there. But Colin and Donell are working on finishing their basement before Christmas. Colin just finished framing his house (and enjoys it! I think he's crazy) and Donell figured while he had all the equipment needed, he could come over and do ours as well. So in a matter of a few hours we decided to build a wall!!!! We went to the store this morning and bought the studs and Colin came over and the boys got to work. It didn't take very long and we have a framed wall! So exciting :)

5 comments:

radmom said...

I'll go with Colin when you finish up everything so I can check it out in person. Looks good, though. I think it will make a big difference.

radmom said...

By the way, radmom is an acronym for Rachel Adam Daniel mom, just in case you didn't know who posted that comment.

Becca Jo said...

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Kristian said...

I see Ken helping.. What happened to him? smashed thumb? cut finger? does he still have them all? ha ha ha

Becca Jo said...

Nothing happened and I was totally shocked. There was even a big saw and a very mean looking nail gun involved!!!!