Monday, December 29, 2008

Dye-saster!

So I had some blonde highlights for a while and I am manic about grow out and felt my roots were getting pretty bad. Ken was coming home in a few days so I decided I better dye my hair before he got home. It is so expensive to go have it done and not always convenient so I had Brandi come and help me do it myself. I decided to go red this time. I have done it before and really liked it. Brandi started putting the dye on my hair and got one side done and didn't realize just how thick my hair is. We ran out of dye really quick and so were struggling to get the dye even over all my hair. Brandi did what she could and we both hoped for the best!! Well I loved the red color but it was quite uneven when it was all dry. I should really leave it up to the professionals! (sorry Desiree') I decided I couldn't live with it the way it was so we headed to the store for something to fix it. I chose to just go dark brown to cover it up. And we were smart and bought two boxes!! We had plenty of dye this time but again my hair is thick and so when I dried it, we missed some spots and the red still shows through. I can live with it though because they look like peek-a-boo highlights ;) We had fun and I don't think it turned out too bad. But I think I am done with the DIY. I will be heading to the salon for the next one. It actually turned out much darker than I thought but it has grown on me and Ken likes it so... all's well that ends well :)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love it! I have also had one of those, but mine ended up green & I had to go get it fixed at the salon anyway. You lucked out!

WheelersFamily said...

I love it too. You have such a great skin and the dark enhances it.

Destini said...

OOOOH I like the dark! I guess you are pretty lucky it turned out for the best. If Ken likes it were all happy right?