Monday, September 1, 2008

The Big Day

Okay so Ken is out of town and things have settled down for a minute so I am bound and determined to get it all blogged. The morning of the wedding I went shopping in the morning to get a few last minute things then headed to Desiree's salon to get my hair done. Destini met me there. Thanks Desiree I loved my hair you did a great job. I had forgot to paint my nails the night before so I gave myself a french manicure while my hair was being done!! Then we headed to Destini's cousin Charlee for my make up. Charlee did a great job and I felt very pampered so thanks Destini. Brandi met us there and we had a good time. We were running pretty late by then so Brandi headed to the building with the flowers and Destini ran to my house with me. I had to be all packed and ready for the honeymoon so we shoved everything into my suitcase and I prayed I didn't forget anything because there was no time to think about it. I rushed into my dress and then got in the car and my Dad drove me to the ceremony. My Dad was so cute because he had washed the car and wanted everything to be perfect. We came in the back so nobody would see me before (even though some people came in the back... you know who you are..) and poor Ken had to wait in the Kitchen. I was doing so well with my emotions but when Stacie came in (oops.. yes Stacie came in the wrong door) upset that she may have missed the ceremony, I saw her emotion and a few tears snuck out. Well that was it. I couldn't stop the tears anymore. Charlee kept touching up my make up and then I would lose it and mess it up again. I kept fanning myself saying somebody help me I can't stop crying! Then I heard the music Cannon in D which I love and the tears started again. I should have picked another song!! I had people make me laugh and I was singing "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.." in my head as I started down the isle. The coconut song didn't work for long and as soon as I saw Ken I stopped trying to stop the crying. They were big crocodile tears that kept getting stuck on my lip. It was so amazing to stand there and see such love in Ken's eyes. It all happened so fast and was such a strange feeling as I realized I was actually getting married. It all was so perfect and I was so happy!! The Dance- My brother Kristian did our toast and his band entertained us. As a wedding present for Ken and a big surprise to everyone, I had secretly asked Kristian to write a song for us to have a first dance. It is an incredible song and is so us!! I cried the whole time of course and the band was awesome!! Ken was surprised and really shocked that I was able to keep it a secret. I was shocked too.. it was so hard :) The Cake- So big thanks to family friend Jodie who made our cake. She did an awesome job and it turned out perfect. I had made Ken assure me numerous times prior to the big day that he wouldn't shove cake in my face. Well we made it through the initial feeding of the cake but as you can see in the picture... Ken wasn't finished. The camera caught him in the act! While he is kissing me he is picking up a piece of cake to shove in my face. You can see the cheaky grin on his face even!! It didn't make much mess so good thing I still love him :) It turned out to be the perfect day! Of course it was perfect, I married the man of my dreams!! :) Thanks to everyone who made it to share in our day. Biggest thanks to Brandi who did all the flowers, they were beautiful, and stuck around and helped my family clean up. I can never repay you for your kindness!! Here are some misc. pictures. It was so hard to pick :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Becca, your wedding was beautiful. I had a great time and had to fight back the emotion during the ceremony. You two make a great couple and I am sure you will be very happy together, it already shows.

Destini said...

I am sure that everyone in the whole place had tears in there eyes, it was just lovely. I think everything turned out just perfect. I do love the look on Kens face as he is getting ready for the big smash in your face. Congrats once again.

Stacie said...

What a great day!! I should have stayed for the whole thing! My girls would have loved trying to catch the bouqet! I should have also stayed to help clean up..poor Brandi all by herself, what a great friend!! Congrats again!

Tiffany said...

We are so happy for you guys! Your wedding was so beautiful! It was a perfect day!

Where is Ken? Doesn't he know that he isn't supposed to leave your side? JK...Well, I love ya tons.

Amber said...

Beautiful bride, perfect day. Wish you nothing but happienes! I was a wonderful wedding. We are so happy for you Bec. Love ya!