Friday, September 5, 2008

Hawaii Honeymoon!!!

Okay Sara are you happy now? I am finally blogging our honeymoon pictures as promised :) I kept putting it off because I felt quite overwhelmed trying to decide which pictures to use. We took 1200 pictures after all. Yes you heard correct 1200!!! Alot of them are pictures underwater that Ken took whilst snorkeling. We had a blast!! So I apologize ahead of time for the quantity of pictures. It was really hard to choose :) So here goes... we went straight from the wedding to the Crystal Inn in Salt Lake for the first night. It had a king size jacuzzi tub and I had to include this picture because I laughed so hard. Ken filled the tub and put half a bottle of bubble bath and then turned on the jets. I had to stand on the side of the tub to be able to take the picture because I couldn't see him. Again I laughed hysterically!! So romantic I know :) So we headed to the airport Sunday morning for a 7:30 am flight to KONA HAWAII!!! Yay for us:) We connected in Phoenix. Here we are at the airport in Arizona. We landed in Hawaii and it had just rained so it was hot and humid. The weather was nice the whole time we were there. I loved how everything was outside. Even the airport. The waiting areas just had grass hut roofs over them. And that was the case everywhere. The hotels, restaurants, everything was all open and outside. We got our rental car and headed to the hotel. Of course once we had settled I headed straight for the Dolphin Lagoon and we had dinner while the sun was setting and watched the dolphins swim. It was perfect!! We paid for a charter boat to take us snorkeling the next day. We actually got to scuba dive as well. They even caught a sword fish while we were heading out to the dive site so that was exciting. We also took a submarine ride and got to see 100 feet down with out getting wet! It was nice but as a diver it bugged me a little not to be able to just go where ever I wanted :) After the sub we stopped at a jewelry store and picked an oyster. It was fun. I was told the trick is to pick the ugliest one for the best pearl. The woman had me tap it three times and we all had to shout aloha. Not really sure why but I guess it worked because when she was opening it, she was feeling for the pearl and asked if we were newly weds, when we said yes she said that makes sense then because you have twins!! And pretty ones too :) I had them set as earings.

5 comments:

A puro deportes said...

beautiful blogs!!!!!http://brian-sportsinternational.blogspot.com/

Tiffany said...

How awesome! Could your twin pearls be a sign. I know that you have always wanted twins. I am so happy for you! Hawaii sounds like so much fun!

WheelersFamily said...

Your picture's are awesome! I love the one where you are both under water snorkeling. I also like the bubble bath. For all we know the maid took the picture and you are hiding under the mountain of bubbles...
ha ha ha
how interesting.

JK

Landra Lynn said...

Hawaii looks GORGEOUS! My husband and I are hoping to (finally) take our honeymoon there next spring :o)

We are hosting a "cookie sale" to help support a family that has four small children (all under age six) and two parents who were critically injured in a small plane accident. More on the Nielsen family at http://cjanerun.com

If you would like to help, feel free to visit http://xomissl2.blogspot.com

Thanks!!

Stacie said...

It looks like you had so much fun! The pictures are great! Oh I am so jealous!