Friday, September 5, 2008

Dolphins

Back in highscool a teacher had us write ourselves a letter which she mailed to us 5 years later. In it I had asked myself how I liked fulfilling my life long dream of swimming with the dolphins. My younger self assumed I had done it because I had decided that was a requirement of whomever I married to take me swimming with the dolphins. I had forgotten all about it but when I remembered and told Ken about it, he was more than happy to make my dream come true. And it was just that. I was a giddy little school girl! I couldn't stop grinning and wanted to stay all day. We met 3 dolphins; a 24 year old mom and 2 of her children, a 7 year old male and a 10 month old baby girl. It was a blast. We got to touch them, feed them, kiss them, hold their fins and float around, and have them do tricks. It was only about 30 minutes total but it was incredible and there's one more thing I can check of my life's to do list. And we didn't even have to leave the hotel to do it :) It truly was a trip of a life time. It was a perfect start to our lives together. With a perfect wedding, an amazing husband, and DOLPHINS... I am here to tell you that dreams really do come true!! Here we are on the plane about to head home. We were tired and really sad to leave, but took with us some incredible experiences and memories that will stay with us forever!!

3 comments:

Destini said...

Oh my Gosh! I am so thrilled that you were able to do this. I knew that this is what you have always wanted to do. When ever I see Dolphins I automatically think of you. Yeah for Becca!

Tiffany said...

We went to Sea World about a week ago & got to pet & feed the dolphins..I immediatly thought of you! I am so happy that all of your dreams have come true. You looked gorgeous on your honeymoon & I have to say you were glowing when you were with the dolphins. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Emily Snow said...

oh, that looks so dang fun. When i ever get back there, i am going to have to talk to you. it looks like you went to a great part of hawaii. and the dolphins! oh, that looks fun. hope you are doing well. we need to go visit cat and her baby :)when do you want to? when does ken leave?